The LifeSci BioThreat Strategy Index (IVIRS) is intended to invest in US companies traded on the NYSE or NASDAQ which offer products, technologies or services intended to prevent, withstand and combat biological threats such as outbreaks, biological warfare, or natural disasters.
The index includes the following categories of companies:
- Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical – vaccines and treatments for pandemic diseases, biological warfare and other biothreats.
- Laboratory/Testing – diagnostic tests, laboratory equipment and lab services.
- Protective Gear and Sanitizing – personal protective equipment, and cleaning supplies and disinfection technologies services.
- Social Distancing – technologies and services which enable workplaces and households to function during periods of social distancing.
- Consumer Goods – products and retail channels which provide essential goods which are rapidly consumed and stockpiled during pandemics and biothreats.